EdTech Europe is proud to be a sponsor of the London Education Entrepreneurs weekend that will be held at the Google Campus in Shoreditch from 10-12 of April, 2015. This is the second year this weekend of innovation will take place here in London and the EdTech Europe team is honoured to be able to support this 54 hour event that allows entrepreneurs to bring their startup education ideas to life.
We're excited to be able to offer two complementary tickets to the event for any entrepreneurs that would like to attend this transformational weekend event.
Visit EdTech Europe on Twitter and RT this status before 11:59pm BST on Tuesday April 7th for a chance to win. The two randomly selected winners will be announced on Wednesday the 8th, contacted via Twitter, and then invited to join the other entrepreneurs at the London Google campus this weekend!
Do you think you have what it takes to participate? The event organizers are looking for passionate educators, parents, students, entrepreneurs, developers, and designers who want to make to make a difference in education now. Come learn the basics of founding & launching a successful education startup while solving real problems in education.
Highlights of the weekend schedule include:
Friday night: 60-second pitches that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable education concepts. Educators validate ideas, then all attendees vote. We hope you’ll pitch, but definitely not required!
Saturday and Sunday: Work days! Teams focus on user research, customer development, validating their ideas and building prototypes with the help of experienced coaches from the education and entrepreneurial world. You’re welcome to stay and work as long as the venue will allow!
Sunday evening: Teams demo their education products and receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges. Winning teams take home a grab bag of great tools to help launch their company!
Examples of startups founded at Startup Weekend EDU:
- Night Zookeeper, a digital art and literacy resource, freely available to K-12 teachers, enables children to create a unique magical animal to live in an online zoo.
- MathChat is a mobile collaboration tool for students to get instant math homework help from friends.
- Fantasy GeoPolitics is a fantasy football-like game for social studies and literacy standards.
- Kidfit Academy- A nonprofit running interactive physical & health education curriculum that empowers students to take control of their health & wellness with fun technology.
Perks for all participants include:
- Free .co Domain
- $100 free AWS credit
- £1000 free Zzish credit
- Discounted Edtech Europe tickets for Edtech 20 entrants
- Education Entrepreneurs Swag!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on all days
- Eligibility to enter Jisc's funding and accelerator programmes
- Discounted desk space at Edspace for 3 months
Prizes for the winning teams:
Prizes secured so far with several more to come!
- £5000 of free Zzish credit to the winning team
- Coverage by Education Investor of winning team(s)
- Pebble watches for winning team(s)
- Free Edtech Europe Tickets
- Fast track application and discount pricing for Incubus accelerator
- Accelerated application to Emerge Education. Europe's leading Edtech accelerator
Learn more about the event by visiting the official site and be sure to buy your tickets before they sell out. We're excited to meet the talented attendees during the weekend event and looking forward to welcoming the winners to our 2015 EdTech Europe summit in June!